At commissioning or Operation & Maintenance stages, Industries may face failures and dysfunctions involving general or specific damage mechanisms such as corrosion, vibrations, unexpected extreme temperature conditions, overload, bad workmanship…
In order to solve as fast as possible the problem, we are combining the following actions:
- Review and analysis of facts, documentation …
- Inspection onsite that may include:
o Visual Inspection
o Nondestructive tests
o Positive material identification
o Chemical analysis
- Scientific and technical survey, based on the elements above, State of the Art, literature, standards, local constraints based on our local experience, …, in order to establish:
o Root cause analysis
o Mitigating options
- Mitigating actions organization, management, follow up or direct implementation.
- Implementation and follow up of long term solutions to prevent further damage occurrence, enhance lifespan and reliability.
Access to a complete service involving a multidiscipline team able to act at each level of the solution. A fast mobilization as well as parallel realization of tasks combined with our local experience are helping to get a solution as fast as possible to reduce unavailability of equipment or plant and reduce the financial impact of the failure or dysfunction.
Water industry, UAE: Due to presence of a higher level of H2S than expected, bad workmanship and higher duty than designed for a plant was facing fast and important damages and failures. After inspection and survey; our client was able to take immediate measures to reduce the consequences and avoid shutdown. Our conclusions were used to obtain compensations from subcontractors for bad workmanship and use of wrong materials and procedures.
O&G industry, Yemen: Due to poor workmanship and heavy duty, a fatigue crack occurred on a critical equipment leading to the shutdown of a complete unit. After the failure analysis, we determined the root cause and provided the reparation procedure and executed it onsite to reduce the shutdown time.